Metal Roofing Iowa City
Residential Metal Roofing – Why Metal Roofing is So Popular
Many homeowners will eventually face one of the biggest expenses that come with owning a home – roof upgrades or replacements. This is an expense that they will experience at least once during the many years that the home stands. There are many types of roofing systems, from traditional asphalt shingles to tiles and even wood shingle slats, but the one that is being seen more and more in homes today are metal shingles and panels. There are a number of reasons for this increase in use and popularity, including:
- Durability – Metal, by nature, is much more durable than other materials used in roofing systems. When properly blended and hardened, metal is strong, durable, and can withstand years of wear and tear. With a rust-resistant formulation, the metal used in roofing systems will hold up well to weather and the elements and will still look good years down the road with minimal upkeep and care.
- Longevity – Metal roofs are made to last for decades longer than wood slat and asphalt single roofs. Metal is harder to break and damage and will withstand storms and normal debris damage better than other roofing materials can. Because of this, it may last many years longer than other roofing options. It is an investment into a roofing system that will last and more than pay for itself down the road.
- Customization – Metal shingles and panels used on roofs can easily be fashioned into a wide range of designs. You can find metal shingles and metal panels in a number of shapes, styles, and colors so you can easily get the perfect look to complement the style and theme of your home. There is so much you can do with metal shingles that any style you choose can most likely be fashioned for your roof.
- Value – Metal roofing is a smart investment when you are looking for a home upgrade or renovation project to make your home more valuable and sellable. It can help increase the sale value of your home since it is such a popular option and is something buyers are actively looking for when they are shopping around for their new dream home. A metal roof can make your home all the more appealing to potential buyers.
- Savings – With a metal roofing system for your home, you can enjoy more money in your wallet down the road, as new modern roofing systems are designed to help you save money on energy costs. Metal panels and shingles are coated with reflective material to help reflect much of the heat and UV rays from the sun away from your home to help keep it cool, thus less time running an air conditioner and more money saved.
- Affordability – If you want a good return on your investment, metal roofing is the way to go. This type of roofing system might cost more upfront than traditional roofing options, but it’s still a smart choice for homeowners. A good metal roof is more affordable over the long-term as it will last longer, resist wear and tear, add value to your home, and help lower your heating and cooling costs, all which will help keep your money in your pocket.
Customization Options For Metal Roofs
One of the biggest appeals to this type of roofing material, for homeowners and business owners alike, is how much customization can be done with it. You have much more control and creative room to play with metal shingles and panels than other roofing materials. Here are just some of the popular customization options you have available to you with metal roof systems:
- Color – Because metal roofs are often painted or coated after production, you can make them any color you choose. Popular shades seen in homes and businesses today range from reds and browns to greens and blues; you can even find them in white, black, and grey. This customization means you can easily match the current color of your home without a lot of added stress and work.
- Style – Metal is easy to shape and fashion, which means that you can get creative with your roofing design. You can find metal roofs that are made with tiles, shingles, corrugated panels, and even flat roof panels, so you can design your roof with individual tiles or with large panels. Whatever you want or need, chances are that you can get find it or have it made for you fairly easily.
- Metals – Not all metal roofs are made the same, and not all are made from the same metals. Different situations require different materials, and some metals are better suited for certain roofing styles than others. The most common metals are aluminum, steel, brass, and nickel. You can find metal shingles and panels in any of these metals fairly easily, which makes it a great choice for new roofs.
- Shape – You do not have to stick with the boring and drab when it comes to your roofing system. It is easier than you may think to get fancier scalped, curved, and detailed pieces fashioned out of a range of metals to cover your roof. Your unique style and flair can be put on full display very easily with custom designed metal panels and shingles for your roof.
- Texture – The final perk metal roofing design has to offer is that you can copy a range of different textures when your shingles or panels are made. This treatment will give your roof a different look and feel that can closely resemble the more traditional textures of other materials. You can get the look of wood with the durability of metal, the color and form of tile with better insulation properties, and much more.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about metal roofs and how they can make a world of difference for your home, contact Kruse Tree Trim & Construction today. We proudly serve the Iowa City and surrounding areas, so give us a call today to discover for yourself why metal is the popular roofing materials chosen by homeowners and business owners in the area. We look forward to working with you!