Roof Shingles Iowa City
Maintaining Roof Systems and Roof Shingles
One thing that most homeowners are never prepared enough for is dealing with damaged roofing systems or roof shingles and the resulting damage that can ensue. Dealing with roof repair or other roofing emergencies is never fun, but it is something all homeowners can expect to experience to some degree at least one in their lives. This is especially true when one lives in storm-prone areas like the West and the South were tornadoes and hurricanes are a regular occurrence. When Mother Nature decides to go on a violent rampage, your home can often end up in the line of fire and your roof will end up taking the brunt of the impact and can suffer major damage. When your roof has been damaged, it is important to act quickly to get things fixed before the damage gets worse. You need to get the roof fixed quickly in order to prevent water damage to the inside of your home. If you are looking for roof repair services in Iowa City and surrounding areas, or need help protecting your home against damage, then you are at the right place. Kruse Tree Trim & Construction is ready to help you take care of your roofing system and roofing shingles year after year.
Dealing With Roofing Emergencies
Roofing damage can happen without warning, but there are several key factors that usually come into play when the roof of a home or business is damaged. We have helped many homeowners get the help they are looking for when it comes to roof shingle and roofing system repairs. Here are some of the common causes of roofing emergencies that we see in the area:
- Delayed Maintenance – Of all the parts of the home, the roof gets exposed to the greatest amount of wear and tear over the years. This means it needs a lot of care and attention each year, and it also means it needs to be cared for and maintained on a regular basis. When routine maintenance is neglected and natural wear is left unchecked, roof shingles can begin to break down, thus exposing the rest of your roofing system to damage. Small damage can quickly grow into a major problem when it goes unchecked.
- Fallen Tree Limbs – One major concern for homeowners who are in the path of a storm is how well their trees will hold up to the storm. They also can pose a risk when old trees start to die and weaken to the point the branches start to break. Falling limbs and trees can be one of the most devastating things to happen to your roof. Falling branches will damage your roof shingles and roofing systems, so they need be carefully monitored. If there is any suspected damage, it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
- High Winds – When it comes to roofing damage, storms are a source of another major concern for homeowners. Exposure to high winds, such as from hurricanes or general high winds due to seasonal storms, can tear off roofing shingles and deteriorate the roofing system. This exposes other layers of shingles to further damage and this, in turn, can weaken the underlying roof supports. When deeper layers of materials are damaged, this can lead to even worse damage to the roof that costs more to take care of and fix.
- Ice Dams and Ice Accumulation – People that live in areas that experience long, bitter cold winters or regions of the country that have a lot of fluctuating highs and lows during the winter, can experience major damage to their roofing systems. As the temperatures rise and fall, this leads to thawing and re-freezing of snow and ice, which can lead to the formation of ice dams on the roof. Ice dams are a big issue that can cause a lot of damage if they are not properly addressed and removed.
- Improper Installation Practices – Roofing systems are very complicated systems and have many components that need to be properly installed and maintained. Doing a rush job, trying a DIY project you are not qualified for, or hiring a less-than-reliable contractor often ends in disaster. Roofing shingles may not be properly installed, roofing systems fail faster, and even more damage can occur when proper steps are not taken during installation. Poor work with installation will always cause problems down the road.
As leaders among the experienced roofing contractors in Iowa City area, we are prepared to handle any emergency roof repair that you may have and can help you with any work you need to have done with your roof shingles or roofing system as a whole. Any installation, repair, or maintenance job – no matter how big or small – we are here to help. We can help you keep your roofing system in tip-top shape, and we can also show you how to keep you, your home, and your family safe and protected. The roof is one of the most important features of your home and helps protect it from damage from the elements. When you are searching for good local roofing companies and contractors to work with on your remodeling or renovation project, you want to be sure you are making the right choice. It can be confusing and overwhelming trying to figure out what you need to ask and consider before you choose whom you will work with.
Contact Us Today
You put time, money, and energy into making your house into a home, so make sure you do all you can to protect it by making us your go-to roofing contractors. Here at Kruse Tree Trim & Construction, our mission is to help every homeowner take the best possible care that they can of their roofing system. From the roof shingles to the inner supports to the routine care and maintenance and repairs, we are the place homeowners in Iowa City and the surrounding areas turn to for their roof maintenance needs.